Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Provider

My husband and I have been married almost 25 years, and I would describe our marriage as very traditional.  Maybe not quite a June and Ward Cleaver, but more like the Bradys minus four kids and an Alice.

I was a stay-at-home mom and enjoyed every minute of it.  We made sacrifices in order for me to do this, but it was worth it.  My husband takes great pride in being the provider for our family.  He worked hard as a banker for 30 years up until this fall when he started a new job.  Sunday, a decision was made and our life took a major turn.

We are left with so many unanswered questions.  How are we going to do this?  How do we get through this turn in life?

Last night I opened my devotional and God knew just what I needed to hear.

"Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what.  You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand of Grace.  Your continual assertion of trusting me will strengthen our relationship and keep you close Me."

Then I went to the verse for this day.

"So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory."

As I closed my book, turned out the light and lay my head on my pillow, I knew this decision was in the hands of the real Provider.  We will be fine.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an answer, or at least you know one will come. God's time is not the same as ours. We must have patience to hear the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an affirmation of God's control and presence in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. This reminds me of Andy Andrews's book The Noticer. You were given the gift of new perspective. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh Anne, the hands of the Provider led you to the various readings. May He be your guide through this time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've shared such a personal part of your life. I wish you well Leigh Anne. The blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are paying attention, such an important step.

    ReplyDelete