Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Returning



Last week I wrote about acknowledging God's prescence and how wide the gap is between believing and acknowledging.  I also included three ways to maintain devotion time from the blog While I Ponder.  

This is the perfect segue to Michelle's word ~ selah.  This word seems to have many definitions, but I prefer this one:  pause and reflect.

This week I have decided to take you along on my journey as I take time out to pause and reflect.  I have dusted off my devotional, Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young and have once again started reading it.  I love this devotional because it is conversational in nature.  I feel like Jesus is speaking straight to me.

Yesterday's devotion was perfect timing.  (How does God seem to know just what we need just when we need it?)  He tells us that wondering while praying is human.  We should not get upset, just return to Him throughout the day.  We should remember that He is always with us, waiting for our return.  

This practice of returning to Him helps us to acquire a gentle and quiet spirit which is what He wants to see.  It is through our weaknesses that we see His power and strength.  ~ 2Co 12:9


"but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." ~ 1Peter 3:4

Thank you for taking time to pause and reflect with me today.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of returning. We all wander. That's part of being human and creative, but selah asks us to pause and return. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete