Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Checking My Credentials

Last night as I was reading the additional verses that accompanied the devotion for the day, this one spoke to me. Maybe I heard it because we have had many conversations at school lately about senior scholarships applications, letters of recommendation, and resumes.

"You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all.  And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." ~ 2Co 3:2-3

 If I am God's letter of recommendation, what are my credentials?  Are my actions sincere, or they just "good to have on a resume?"

Do I need to check my credentials to assure Him that I am a faithful letter of recommendation?

We are all called to be servants of God.  When we serve Him, He blesses us abundantly.  It is only when our actions and words give Him the glory, that we can add these lines to our faith resumes.

1 comment:

  1. Leigh Anne, I see why you needed to write this immediately. I reread this message a couple of times to realize that our actions become an indelible ink in the book of life, so I need to check the way I approach every day to make sure that what I show is what I truly believe and want to manifest. This post is good for a a pause to reflect moment. Thank you for starting my day with your words.

    ReplyDelete