Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Outstretched Hands


Today is Spiritual Journey Thursday, a day for me to spend some time turning toward God.  Please feel free to join me on this journey each Thursday with Holly Mueller and friends.  For the next several weeks, Holly will be featuring our one little words.  Today's featured word is REACH by Margaret at Reflections on the Teche.

I opened my laptop, ready for inspiration.  But the words didn't come.  

I took a shower, hoping for inspiration.  But the words didn't come.

I perused through my "faith books" on my shelf, searching for inspiration.  But the words didn't come.

How was I going to write about reaching for God, when the words just wouldn't come?  

I picked up The Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormie Omartian.  I was getting desperate now.  As I began reading, I noticed that verse after verse was not about me reaching out to God, but Him reaching out to me.  

From the beginning of time, God reaches out through His breath. "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." ~Genesis 1:26-27

He reaches out by sending us the Holy Spirit.  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." ~ John 14:26

He reaches out by telling us simple stories, by teaching in parables.  "This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, not do they understand." ~Matthew 13:13

He reaches out through His Word.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ~John 1:1

My thoughts today center around God reaching out to me, 
                    
                       his hands outstretched, 

                                        calling me to reach out to Him.

1 comment:

  1. We reach for His hand and He is there, Leigh Anne. I am in awe of His presence today on Ash Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete