Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Giver of Gifts

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 
and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 
and there are varieties of activities, 
but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. ~1Corinthians 12:4

I am my own worst critic and my worst enemy.  I think most of this scrutiny comes from my childhood and my relationship with my father.  In my mind, I was never good enough for him, and those thoughts have carried over into adulthood.

This first verse reminds me that we all have different gifts, services, and activities, but we all share the same God who is the Giver of gifts.

I am a mom.

I am a wife.

I am a sister.

I am a daughter.

I am a teacher.

These are my gifts with which I have been blessed, and I need to use these gifts to give glory to God ~ the Giver of gifts.  In God's eyes, I am gifted in my own special way, empowered only by Him.

I just need to remember this today, tomorrow and everyday.

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, 
let us use them... ~ Romans 12:6


No comments:

Post a Comment